Getting packages

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Nov 1 17:53:57 UTC 2005

It's not usually apt anything, unless you've installed apt to manage
your FC rpms.

Yum is the usual tech these days.

But, if you follow the advice for installing FC in the Speakup Modified
HOWTO, you'll get Open SSH and won't have to go get it separately. Yes,
the HOWTO still applies, even if you're installing FC4 via telnet.

PS: For yum you would do:

yum install [package.name]

You would do:

yum info

o get info on all available packages from all the repositories you've
identified in your /etc/yum.repos.d/. This last is best redirected to a
file.