Getting started

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Nov 5 01:36:11 UTC 2005

Odd Martin Baanrud, le Sat 05 Nov 2005 02:01:09 +0100, a écrit :
> Hello Samuel,
>
> At 01:28 05.11.2005, you wrote:
>
> >> Is it possible to get my Braille Voyager functioning durring the
> >> installation?
> >> And/or, is it possible to get speech?
> >You can usually have both.
>
> But how?

See manual :)
Well, seriously, it depends on the distribution. Debian has Access
floppies with a speakup-enabled kernel on
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-i386/current/images/floppy/access/
For installation manual, see
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/
At the syslinux prompt, type
linux brltty=vo,usb:,no-p

which stands for "run brltty with voyager driver as usb device, and use
norwegian braille table".

Then you'll have braille for installation.

I don't know how to launch speech, but I guess it is possible.

Regards,
Samuel