Information about gnopernicus

J. Greer jlgreer1 at excite.com
Fri Nov 18 11:36:06 UTC 2005

Registered Linux User # 391940

 --- On Fri 11/18,  < tim.pennick at bt.com > wrote:
From:  [mailto: tim.pennick at bt.com]
To: blinux-list at redhat.com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:34:31 -0000
Subject: RE: Information about gnopernicus

Thanks for the information,

I work with gnopernicus and emacspeak out of necessity. Both open source products are improving in quality. JAWS & Zoomtext are both wonderful feature laden products. However, their initial purchase price and more importantly their maintenance costs for upgrades are horrendous.

My versions of JAWS and Zoomtext were both orpaned by WinXP. Gates and company build obsolescense into their products to maintain cash flow.

This modestly paid school teacher can't keep up. Thank goodness for gnu, linux, and other open source projects.

Jeff

Hi,

I'm pasting the
contents of a message from the blind-programming list, which gives a flavour of
how far Gnopernicus has got.  I don't know any more than I've just read in
this article, but thought it was worth passing on.

Tim
Pennick