Emacspeak-23.0 (Retriever) Unleashed!

T. Joseph CARTER knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Sat Nov 26 06:38:44 UTC 2005

Leave it to an emacs user to call anything else complex.  *grin*

And leave it to T. V. Raman to consistently write the absolutely most
ridiculous and hilarious press releases!  Can't wait to try it out.  It
looks like it'll fix a couple of minor irritations.

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:09:17AM -0800, T. V. Raman wrote:
>                Emacspeak-23.0 (Retriever) Unleashed!
>                ----------------------------------
>
> For Immediate Release:
>
> San Jose, Calif., (Nov 26, 2005)
>     Emacspeak-2005: Retrieving Complete Access For   Enlightened  Users
>     --Zero cost of ownership makes priceless software affordable!
>
> Emacspeak Inc (NASDOG: ESPK) --http://emacspeak.sf.net--
> announces the immediate world-wide availability of Emacspeak 23.0
> --a powerful audio desktop for leveraging today's evolving data
> and service-oriented semantic Web.
>
> Investors Note:
> ---------------
>
> With several prominent analysts expanding coverage, NASDOG: ESPK
>  has now been consistently trading over the net at levels close
>  to that once attained by DogCom high-fliers.
>
> What Is It?
> -----------
>
> Emacspeak is a fully functional audio desktop that provides complete
> eyes-free access to all major 32 and 64 bit operating
> environments. By seamlessly blending all aspects of the Internet
> such as Web Services, Web-surfing and electronic messaging into the
> audio desktop, Emacspeak enables speech access to local and remote
> information with a consistent and well-integrated user interface.  A
> rich suite of task-oriented tools provides efficient speech-enabled
> access to the evolving service-oriented semantic Web.
>
> Major Enhancements:
> -------------------
>
> 0)      Alsa-powered speech server for software synthesis.
> 1)      Speech-enables emacs-jabber.
> 2)      New ssh-powered remote TTS servers.
> 3)      Atom support.
> 4)      Updated smart URLs including Blog Search
> 5)      Updated search wizards including PodCast search.
>
> See the NEWS file for additional details.
>
> Establishing Liberty, Equality And Freedom:
> ---------------------
>
>   Never a toy system, Emacspeak is now voluntarily bundled with
> all major Linux distributions. Though designed to be modular,
> distributors have freely chosen to bundle the fully integrated
> system without any undue pressure --- a documented success for
> the integrated innovation embodied by the system. The integrity
> of the Emacspeak codebase is ensured by the reliable and secure
> Linux platform used to develop and distribute the software.
>
> Extensive studies have shown that thanks to these features, users
> consider Emacspeak to be absolutely priceless. Thanks to this
> wide-spread user demand, the present version is being made available
> at the same zero-cost as earlier releases.
>
> At the same time, Emacspeak-2005 continues to innovate in the
> area of speech and multimodal interaction and carries forward the
> well-established Open Source tradition of introducing user
> interface features that eventually show up in luser environments.
>
> On this theme, when once challenged by a proponent of a
> crash-prone but well-marketed windowing system with the assertion
> "Emacs is a system from the 70's", the creator of Emacspeak
> [...]

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit."
	-- Aristotle