Still Looking for a gnopix-style CD

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Tue Nov 29 19:47:32 UTC 2005

> a speakup enabled knoppix iso image on the linux-speakup.org

The docs on that ISO
(http://linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/knoppix/index.html) stated
that "All speakup synthesizers are built into the kernel except
the software synthesizer -- however I have not put speech
dispatcher or speakdup on the cd."  Are there any places to find
a bootable CD with soft-synth for speakup?  My understanding is
that Oralux has a soft-synth (flite or eflite?), but it uses Yasr
rather than speakup, and seems to lean towards keeping within
emacspeak rather than having a full console.

Or my understanding could be way off (grins).

-tim