liblouis braille translator and back-translator now available

John J. Boyer director at chpi.org
Thu Sep 15 06:26:22 UTC 2005

Lee,

please look at the documentation that is part of the liblouis tarball.
It is called liblouis-guide.html and works nicely with lynx. There is a
table of contents that links to the various parts.

the translate program is a filter. It takes input from the standard
input unit and delivers output to the standerd output. The options -f
and -b signify forward and backward translation. Table is the name of
the translation table. For example, you might write:

<textfile ./translate -f en-us-g2.ctb >brlfile

Hope this helps,
John