mbrola4sbl

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Mon Apr 3 09:37:50 UTC 2006

Hi Yasemin,

sorry for the late response, it was a very busy weekend.

On Mi, Mär 29, 2006 at 08:06:31 +0200, Yasemin Acur wrote:
>Thank you very much. "setfont" has worked immediatelly :-).
>But could you explain what it does? You know I'm a newbie and I want to
>understand it.

On SUSE systems there is a font for the console installed by default,
why ever :(. This font causes sbl to have problems. The setfont command
removes this font and the standard is used.

>Do I have to enter this command every time I start Linux? I use linux Suse
>9.3.

Somehwere in the

/etc/sysconfig

directory the file

console

exists where the default font can be set during the boot process. Please
open this file and search for a entry called

CONSOLE_FONT

Remove all params for this setting:

CONSOLE_FONT=""

After the change is done, execute the

SuSEconfig

command to save the changes in the system config files. If your system
is rebooted now and no font should be set and all special German
characters should be displaied fine.

Best wishes from Straubing :),
Christian

--