Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sun Apr 23 08:02:32 UTC 2006

Greetings,

the following letter has already been posted on Linux Today and
www.lxer.com. Please give to it the greatest diffusion you can, and
evaluate in your LUG (or any other FOSS association!) the possibility
to organize the kind of initiative described in the letter (*).

Excerpt:

"I recently wrote an article about the serious communication problems
between the Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) community and disabled
users. The feedback on several forums, including Slashdot, prove that
I was right. Here is a practical proposals on how any group of FOSS
advocates may fill this gap in its own community..."

Full letter at:

http://www.hudlug.org.uk/wiki/Foss_And_Disabled_Users (wiki)
http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/hudlug/2006-April/001201.html (original static version)

Best Regards,
		Marco Fioretti

You are encouraged to translate this announce and the full letter in
any language you can!

(*) and of course, if you do it, please let me know!

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

...the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. (Calvin)