gnupernicus questions

Matthys Terblanche matthys at absamail.co.za
Fri Aug 11 04:04:41 UTC 2006

Hi all,
My name is Matthys Terblanche.  I recently decided to byte the bullet and get an old AMD 1.1 gHz up and running with linux.  I downloaded the full 2.3 gigs of Fedora with Speakup and installed using the BNS synth. Everything is running and working at this point.
As far as I can gather, Speakup is a screen reader for the text console environment?
What do I need to do to get Gnupernicus up and running? Is it already on the fedora distribution cd's or do I need to download it?  What software synth is worth while?  How do I activate Gnome when I finished installing Gnupernicus?
Any help on this will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Matthys