braille font

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Aug 19 13:44:42 UTC 2006

Samuel Thibault, le Sat 19 Aug 2006 15:15:49 +0200, a écrit :
> coscell at mail.batol.net, le Sat 19 Aug 2006 20:57:58 +0800, a écrit :
> > I just want to present some braille patterns to sighted people.
> > After setfont to brl, I couldn't read any thing on my braille display.
>
> Ah, this is another problem then (and this is what needs to be
> corrected). I guess you are using latest stable brltty (3.7)?

Mmm, maybe you just need to restart brltty. Dave, can't brltty
automatically detect font change?

BTW, brltty will however not be able to display the braille patterns
on the braille display (it will show up as '?') because it is still
internally limited to 8-bit charsets. But the braille patterns should
display correctly on the screen.

Samuel