Intel 536EP modem for Voip in Linux

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Thu Aug 24 02:21:17 UTC 2006

Oh, didn't think the modem was probably the ideal solution, if it'd work at
all. I wonder how hard it really is to take that out of there and put the
Digium in instead? I heard on a show called Asterikast that one needs some
sort of power connection in addition to the PCI slot. The once or twice I
ever felt the inside of a machine, didn't find such a thing anywhere else
besides up by the drives. I hope I don't need to find a way to run wire from
up there all the way back. I've never heard of cards besides video that need
more power than the slot uses, wonder if they just call the slot a power
connection?