How to make brltty read Chinese uner gnome-terminal?

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 12 13:49:14 UTC 2006

There is a gnome-speech driver for IBMTTS.  It's name is the old name
that IBMTTS used to be known by (ViaVoice).  To enable it, you need to
grab the gnome-speech sources from GNOME CVS and build/install them.

These commands should hopefully work:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome
cvs login
<return to enter an empty password>
cvs -x3 co gnome-speech
cd gnome-speech
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install

If the viavoice driver isn't built (the tail end of the output from the
autogen will let you know if it will be built or not), you may need to
add an "--with-viavoice-dir=<path>" to the autogen line, where <path> is
the path where IBMTTS is installed.  I think the default
is /opt/IBM/ibmtts.

Hope this helps, and let us know if it works or not.

Will