update needed on software synthesizers for linux

T. Joseph CARTER knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Sun Feb 12 23:56:22 UTC 2006

hank smith wrote:
> how do you request the 4.x copy?

I started here:

	http://www.fonixspeech.com/pages/dectalk_rt.php

That has links to both 4.6.3 and 5.0.  Note, Fonix does not provide full
SDKs for Linux, only the runtime.  Of course, they provide details
necessary to program for the runtime, but you won't be making custom
dictionaries and whatnot if all you use is Linux.  For emacspeak, speakup,
gnopernicus, etc, chances are good you won't be doing this anyway.

--
"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit."