how to compile festival with native alsa support?

krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 19:26:01 UTC 2006

hello all,
I will like to know if festival can be compiled with native alsa support.
I mean I want festival to use alsa by default to play sound.
it actually does not use it so my device gives poor static output.
I confirmed this by using aplay instead of play for the wav files
festival generated.
and is there a compile time difference between alsa festival and flite?
which gets built up faster?
second question is that do I need emacspeak if I want to use yasr with
eflite and flite?
and di I need it if I use festival?
thanks.
krishnakant.