Need help with Vmware

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Sat Jul 22 01:25:36 UTC 2006

Hello all,
I have been trying to install Vmware onto my Debian. Using the latest daily build and have installed the suggested linux-headers and such. The vmware installer warns me that my Kernel was compiled with Gcc 4.03, in my case 4.04 and that could cause VVmware to crash.
I created my Virtual machine under Windows, moved it and its entire directory onto my LInux partition. Started the Vmplayer with GNopernicus, located the vmx (config file) but Vmplayer seem to display a question after I have pressed enter on that file which Gnopernicus cant read.
Any thoughts?
The virtual machine works fine under Windows.
Many thanks,
Christian