Debian Vs Fedora

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Fri Jul 28 21:39:13 UTC 2006

Hello all,
Just have a question. I have been running Debian for the last two weeks and so far I like it for its ease of use when it comes to package management. Have been looking at Slackware but that didn't insterest me much. Was running Fedora Core for some time. However, I had problems with Fedora when it come to detecting my network hardware so I decided to try another distro.
To me it looks like Fedora packages are not updated as much as Debian packages. Please correct me if I am wrong. Also, it was very easy to get Gnopernicus up and running and find all the nesesary dependencies.
The things I am trying to learn now is the system itself with installing kernels and other things.
All the best,
Christian