Vmware player

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Sat Jul 29 16:06:16 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I am trying to run Vmplayer under my Debian and I am running into a problem when launching it. I installed it as root and I have the graphical logon screen enabled so I have to press Ctrl-Alt-F1 in order to get a text console.
Then I login as root or whatever user change in to the directory where my .vmx file is and type:
xinit /usr/bin/vmplayer -X Winxp.vmx
But it complains that the display is alredy set to 0 and if the server is not running anymore i have to delete the lock file. I have tried it, but with no luck. So, any ideas?
Many thanks,
Christian