What is the best email quoting for blind users?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Thu Jun 1 11:53:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 21:37:37 PM +1000, Geoff Shang
(geoff at hitsandpieces.net) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Most lists tend to have their own rules about this sort of thing.

Yes, but my point was that I had never, ever heard of this particular
rule before, including other fora dedicated to accessibility

> 3.  Most screen readers I know of can be configured not to speak the
> > sign.

Sorry, just to be 100% sure: here you are referring only to speech
syntesyzers, or also to braille terminals? Also:

 you mean that these screen readers can be configured to do so only
 when reading email messages?

 is there a list of which screen readers can handle normal email
 quoting, and instructions on how to configure them for this specific
 task?

Thanks,

	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

You can't build a reputation on what you are "going" to do.
                                                        Henry Ford