fedora core core 3 or core 5?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jun 10 16:58:30 UTC 2006

Well, after upgrading from FC4 to FC5, I sure wish there were a way for
installed packages to follow along.  Yes, I guess even windows, we must
reinstall items, but it would sure be a wonderful linux improvement.
One of the file sharing programs, mutella, will not compile now because of a
later gcc compiler.
Also, and I don't know how much its configureable, but tab completion here in
TCSH is not working well.  Before, I could type some of a file name--and it
would beep-and-read all the choices.  Well, now, seemingly if its not an exact
match--and there are multiple choices, it just beeps--and doesn't read any of
them.
Hart