making distros like Asterisk at Home talk from installupthrough daily use

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Wed Jun 14 16:33:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I think he wants to know how he can get the install of Asterisk At Home to
be speech friendly.  However, since it appears he has limited speech
resources so can't use his regular box to host Asterisk, I'd think he'd hit
the same problems.

I personally recommend installing Asterisk on a regular Linux system and
configuring it by hand, or not bothering.  Asterisk is highly complicated,
it's get your hands dirty type software that usually generates lots of
questions.  the first thing anyone's going to ask if you ask anywhere for
Asterisk help is "What's in <insert config filename here>".

Geoff.