making distros like Asterisk at Home talk frominstallupthroughdaily use

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Wed Jun 14 21:40:23 UTC 2006

Maybe there could be. The issues are more with the CentOS the iso comes with
not being talking than anything else. If I could just get the part that runs
after the OS install to run manually on a Fedora I already had on that box,
I could have a talking system that runs Voip and saves a ton of money,
giving me more features than the cable's digital phone plan including the
ability to use soft phones or ATA devices. Assuming one got Kernel sources,
another option would be to hit enter a bunch until things are installed and
recompile a new kernel after I found out the assigned IP address to include
speakup.