daisy-player 1.0

David B Andrews David.B.Andrews at state.mn.us
Mon Jun 12 15:34:08 UTC 2006

Just to be clear:  the DAISY standard does make possible detailed navigation of a publication, however, the navigation structure must be included by the producer of the book.

Traditionally, the player developers, both hardware and software have supported more navigation than most book producers have coded into their publications.

This is because it is a lot of work, and the book production tools are still developing * I think.

Dave

David Andrews
Chief Technology Officer
Minnesota State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave. W., #240
St. Paul, MN  55114-1840
(651) 642-0513  Office
(612) 730-7931  Cell
(651) 649-5927  Fax

>>> pratikp1 at lycos.com 6/10/2006 2:17 PM >>>
JS Wrote -----

What do you mean by "structural navigation"?

Pratik Patel Responds:

Joe, DAISY supports much more detailed navigation than  by page.  Sections,
headings, illustrations, tables, sentences, phrases etc.  Janina wants to
know if your navigation supports these additional elements.

Pratik