make of flite stuck on kal 8k

krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 18:40:37 UTC 2006

hello all,
has any one found problems building flite 1.3 on fedora core 4?
I tried it yesterday and all went well untill make tried to build the
files for kal 8k voice.  it can't go any further.  I have a 128 mb ram
with 8 gb hdd space and amd duron based machine.
the make of flite gives this problem and the prompt never returned (I
waited for 2 hours ).  actually this problem has confused me because
it is not throwing any error either!
just gets stuck on the line that says that it is doing the build of
kal 8k (can't remember exactly what is the line but all those gcc
lines u know?)
I had previously posted a thread regarding static voice with my vibra
128 sound kard which is still unsolved.
actually it seams my card is being taken by alsa as sb16 bit.
don't know how to get around this too!
it is now becoming very urgent so please help.
thanks.
Krishnakant.