talking linux box configuration suggestions needed

krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 17:59:02 UTC 2006

hi lucas,
the point here is that I wont get to compile flite or any other
application for that matter on the host machine.  let alone sharing or
static, I don't even have gcc or make on the device.
it is a deployment machine and is kind of a semi embedded system.
what I want to know is how I can get my compiled apps to be transfered
on this host machine as is.  I will like to have some .bin files or
any kind of executable files which I will statically build on another
high memory pc.
but I want to make sure that I have all the apps running after I copy
them to my /usr/bin or /sbin or /usr/local/bindirectories.
if you have any idea which apps wont probably work this way, please let me know.
I will include flite and eflite for that matter.  I will also have my
own program that will call flite to render output in speach.
thanks,
Krishnakant.