[H-GEN] Bluetooth: pand: Connection failed. File exists(17)

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Tue Mar 21 14:05:11 UTC 2006

Geoff Shang wrote:

> Mar 10 18:35:46 data pand[16077]: Connection failed. File exists(17)

Thanks to those who helpfully suggested I run pand under strace.
Unfortunately, for me at least, the results weren't particularly
illuminating.

I'm assuming the following line from the panu side is significant:

ioctl(3, 0x400442c8, 0xbffff210)        = -1 EEXIST (File exists)

Anyone know what this means?

If it matters, ifconfig seems to show bnep0 as already existing, but not
configured.  Should it go away when pand isn't running, and if so, how can
I make it go away (i.e. would this be causing my problem?)

I'll send anyone interested in helping a copy of the entire strace output
if they want it, but I don't want to bore three lists with it.

Any help appreciated.

Geoff.