Cygwin

Dan Rossi dr25 at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 27 20:39:12 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed Cygwin but could use some advice.  If I
ssh into a Solaris box, I cannot run things like Pine as I get terminal
type cygwin is unknown.  I tried rxvt but then using JAWS, JAWS can't seem
to find the cursor as it doesn't blink.

Are there any settings for JAWS or cygwin, or switches for rxvt that will
allow JAWS to track the cursor?  Or, any other suggestions for windows to
UNIX box connectivity?  I've tried open ssh, the latest version of Exceed,
Secure CRT, and believe it or not, a modern version of Kermit.  None of
them speak quite right.  they all have problems tracking the cursor, or
tend to put in blank lines where none exist, or ignore them where they do
exist.

Actually, I very much like the cygwin concept, slick commandline access to
my windows box.  If I can get it to function properly connecting across to
my UNIX boxes, I'd be quite happy.

Any suggestions, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi
E-Mail:	dr25 at andrew.cmu.edu