mbrola4sbl

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Tue Mar 28 20:15:20 UTC 2006

Hi Yasemin,

On Di, Mär 28, 2006 at 04:55:32 +0200, Yasemin Acur wrote:
>@aldo: I'm using the german language of mbrola. But there are many
>problems. The voices are beautiful, but hard to understand.

You can fine tune the speech output. See

http://www.blinux.suse.de

for a description, especialy read the documentation for the profile of
sbl.

>Does someone have an Idea how I could solve the problem with the german
>signs like ö or ä? Because mbrola ignores these things.

What happens if you type such a German "Umlaut" on the console. Are
these letters displaied correctly on your braille device. Does it help,
if you execute the

setfont

command on a shell? What distro are you using?

I can help you configuring mbrola and sbl properly, I use thsi system
at home and at work for more than 5 years now and it is great.

>Yasemin

Kind regards,
Christian

--