Fedora core 5 installation problem

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson bjsn at ozemail.com.au
Wed May 24 00:44:05 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I'm trying to upgrade from Fedora core 4 to core 5. I'm doing it from the
CD images on my fat32 partition. Regardless of whether I choose to upgrade
or to reinstall, I get the following message:

" Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to a missing
repodata directory. Please ensure that your install tree has been
correctly generated. failure: repodata/repomd.xml from anaconda: errno
256"

However, repodata/repomd.xml is there. I've replaced the disc 1 image with
one from another mirror but that didn't make any difference.

Has anybody had this problem - and managed to solve it? If so, please let
me know.

Regards,

Bertil Smark Nilsson