vmware

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Mon May 29 15:31:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Mo, Mai 29, 2006 at 03:31:14 +0200, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
>I'm thinking of trying vmware, because I want to try to run two operating
>systems at the same time.
>
>Is vmware accessible?

vmware itself is easy to install.

>Wich version is the easiest to use? The windows version or the linux version,

I'm using the vmwareplayer on a debian system. Inside the vmware a
Windows XP system is running propperly, also Jaws causes no problems.

The installation of the vmware player is easy, just use the rpm's from
the vmware homepage. Because the vmware player is only able to use
allready created vmware images, you have to create such an immage first.
This normaly can be done only with a full version of vmware, but e.g.
the open source emulator qemu can create these image files too. After
the immage has benn created installing Windows into the vmware immage is
no problem.

I never tried running a linux system inside a vmware on Win32 systems so
I don't know how this works.

-- Schoepp

--
Christian Schoepplein <chris at schoeppi.net>