vmware

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Tue May 30 07:49:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Di, Mai 30, 2006 at 01:18:25 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>To my knowledge, vmware only works under X and is not accessible.

Yes, vmware works under X. but if for example the VmwarePlayer is used,
youcan start a virtual machine from the command line. Because support
for serial devices can be activated, even braille displays can work in a
virtual machine, it should be possible with devices attached via usb
too. Speech output is no problem at all after a system was installed.

For the installation of an operating system into a virtual machine I'd
use the possibility for automated setups, thats the easiest and fastest
way.

>A less good but much more accessible emulator is qemu, which you can run
>in text-mode only thanks to the -nographic option. You then just need to
>use a serial port console from your installation program.

qemu is good too, I played with it also. But for example with Windows it
is much mor slower and less performant than Vmware.

>Samuel

Regards,
christian

--