vmware

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Tue May 30 09:39:03 UTC 2006

On Di, Mai 30, 2006 at 10:00:15 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>Christian Schoepplein, le Tue 30 May 2006 09:49:40 +0200, a écrit :
>> >A less good but much more accessible emulator is qemu, which you can run
>> >in text-mode only thanks to the -nographic option. You then just need to
>> >use a serial port console from your installation program.
>>
>> qemu is good too, I played with it also. But for example with Windows it
>> is much mor slower and less performant than Vmware.
>
>Indeed, but it's free software. Vmware is quite expensive in comparison.

Vmwareplayer is for free too and costs nothing, but ofcourse it is not
opensource :(.

You don't need to buy vmware to use vmplayer. Just create a vmware
image with the qemu tools and use it with vmplayer.

If qemu would have the performance of vmware, I'd prefere it and I'd not
use vmplayer. But if you want to use Windows inside a virtual machine
the performance is an important point to take care of. And if also a
screenreader is used inside a virtual machine with Windows, performance
becomes even more important.

I tried qemu but it was just to inperformant, vmplayer works better at
this state of development and thats why I decided to switch to vmplayer
:(.

>Samuel

Kind regards,
Christian