Switching to Linux with a few questions

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Mon Oct 30 16:25:25 UTC 2006

hi all,
I am using Windows since most of my programs that I use is only available for Windows but I would really like to switch over to Linux even more. I really hope that someone on this list can answer a few questions for me.
There are many programs for the text console and lynx can some times be quite limited on some webpages. Also, I purchase music from a musicstore which has DRM and requires Windows media and licenses. Can this be plaied in Linux?
When it comes to working with Excel and Word documents, how is that compared to Windows?
Many thanks,
Christian