speaking lynix install?

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Fri Sep 1 19:02:09 UTC 2006

> lynix build which has a speaking install?

There's a live-cd version called oralux which can be found at
www.oralux.org where you can download the ISO and burn it to CD.

I don't know whether it has an install-to-hard-disk option, but
it boots right off the CD, supports hardware and software synths
(and likely braille too), and is up to three different available
environments: emacspeak, yasr, and speakup.  Last time I stopped
by their website, they had only just added Yasr support to the
long-running emacspeak support, so they've got to be pretty
active.  Kudos to them!  However, as it's based on Knoppix, which
had a rough hard-drive installer, one might be lucky.

-tim