speaking lynix install?

ari aridamoulakis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 20:26:29 UTC 2006

Ubuntu now has a live CD with Orca on it, so for a newby like Kevin and
myself, this is the best bet. My friend and I tried the modified speakup
Fedorra distro and we were having problems because for some reason in the
middle of the install it would always reboot and actually made such a mess
of the boot manager setup that my friend had to use a mini linux install of
another distro to fix it. He's now going to help me so we can see if we can
rather use the Ubuntu live CD. I think their's even an installer. We've
tried Oralux, but you can't install it, the speech is poor, and I'm don't
like emacspeak and am not so used to the text interface for yasr. What's
grml, and how can you get a speaking install from it?
For the howto on how to start up Ubuntu with orca, look at
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=246334
Ari