how good is lynx for internet surffing?

Andor Demarteau andor at nl.linux.org
Thu Sep 28 17:43:14 UTC 2006

depends greatly on the site you are visiting.
It still is my brwoser of first choice and has been for the last 10 years
or so.

However, I do also have link2.1preX (23 I think is the latest) and elinks
0.12-develpment snapshot installed as well.
Both of them ahve javscript support but differ in what is working and what
not.
elinks has cookeis links doens't AFAIK

If you have all 3, one is most liekly to work in most cases.
If none works, it probably isn't worht viewing the site >:-> or try google
search and set site:<daomain> as last keyword to i.e. get arind irritaitng
flash intro's and such.

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: andor at nl.linux.org
student computer science        www: http://www.nl.linux.org/~andor
UU based & VU guest-student     jabber,icq,msn,voip: do ask ;)