how good is lynx for internet surffing?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Sep 28 18:09:29 UTC 2006

Hi there,
Granted I am still creating my Linux stand alone box, so have only used
Lynx, via a shell and otherwise, of the two programs you mentioned in your
question?
My opinion is that it depends on your goals.
I find Linux perfectly fine for more than 90% of my needs, with the other
5% being managed by links and e-links, and the last 5%  split in half
between what I will be better able to manage with a stand alone Linux
setup, and between what cannot be done by a screen reading setup at all.
This is me though.
What specific internet goals do you have?
Karen