My Windblows partition no longer visible in Ubuntu

Krister Ekstrom krister at kristersplace.ws
Tue Apr 17 19:56:48 UTC 2007

Hello,
I have a problem that i don't understand at all.
I'm trying to mount a windows partition that has always been
at /dev/hda5, however when i try to do it from the text console i get
this: "Mount: Special device /dev/hda5 doesn't exist". I don't have a
clue as to why i have gotten this message at all as i am no programmer.
Could it be that the system for some reason failed to create the
partition during startup? What reasons can there be for a partition to
be invisible?
/Krister totally clueless