installing debian

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Apr 18 12:13:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

http://brl.thefreecat.org/wiki/moin.cgi/debian

> You said on this list that it auto detects usb devices.

It does, yes.

> I want to install using my braille voyager, do I need to sepcify
> something when booting the dvd as with fedora core 6?

If connected via usb, no.

> Also, how many dvd images is debian 4?

3, but you usually don't need all of them (the most used programs are
stored first in the CDs/DVDs). If you have a good internet connection
(like 1MB/s), just get the netinst image. If you have a not so good
internet connection, just get the first CD. If you have a poor internet
connection, get the first DVD. If you really don't have an internet
connection, then it may be useful to get all DVDs.

Samuel