Orca talking to BRLTTY problems.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Aug 7 17:45:52 UTC 2007

Hi, Nick:

It is true that brltty (on the console) and orca (on the gui desktop)
share drivers. You should probably upgrade both brltty and brlapi to the
latest rpm releases available from:

http://dave.mielke.cc/brltty/

I should warn you that, even at that, another user has reported problems
using orca with braille. I would advise both of you to report this on
the orca list where orca developers are listening. I suspect we need the
attention of both orca and brltty developers until whatever issue is
impeding braille has been identified and remediated. The orca list can
be joined from:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca

Janina