ubuntu linux

Geoff Shang Geoff at quitelikely.com
Mon Aug 20 22:49:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

Not sure how many of the other console screen readers are under active
development.  I know Emaxspeak is, but that's really meant for use in Emax.

I'm also not sure of the status of hardware speech support in Gnome Speech
(which is what I think all the Gnome screen readers use to do their
speaking).  I think the emphasis has been more on software speech.  I'm
only now dipping my toe into the world which is the Gnome desktop, so I
can't really speak authoritatively about it.

Geoff.