Linux with Software Synth on Dell Enspiron2600 Laptop

Herzog herzog at frontiernet.net
Tue Aug 21 00:30:51 UTC 2007

Any Help??  I just got a new Dell inspiron 1420 laptop; that's the one
with Ubuntu loaded.
It works, but being a JAWS user, I want speech.  Following lists I get
the notion I want Espeak.
Should I use this? how to get and install?  (Follow Espeak.com on
Google?) or what is advise?
I'm a complete newbie to Linux, but have been following lists for couple
years, trying to learn.
Wil Herzog