Linux with Software Synth on Dell Enspiron2600 Laptop

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 21 22:05:36 UTC 2007

I agree. Either oralux or grml will probably work. I think the biggest
problem would be that the installation process isn't going to be as easy as
it would be if you could boot a debian or fedora installation Cd.

I don't know how to install via grml. You could probably do the debootstrap
style install. But oralux is a flavor of knoppix. Here is a link to a
document that I have used in the past:
http://gsic.tel.uva.es/mendiknoppix/doc/debootstrap.html

You would have to make a few modifications for etch. But the process is
essentially the same.