Linux with Software Synth on Dell Enspiron2600 Laptop

Herzog herzog at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 22 03:18:53 UTC 2007

ubuntu-accessibility at lists.ubuntu.com

NOTE THE FOLLOWING!!!!!! YES, MY NEW MACHINE, a Dell Laptop, HAS UBUNTU 7.04 The feisty
Fawn, AND IT HAS SPEECH  ORCA!!  It is an April 2007 release of Ubuntu.
It works, and I just started learning it, but Jaws does sound so much easier to listen to.
It doesn't have ESpeak.

>From the site:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Accessibility?action=show&redirect=Accessibility%2Fdoc%2FGuide

The most common accessibility tools such as Orca and onBoard are
preinstalled on any standard Ubuntu system and are easy to activate. The
screen reader, magnifier and on-screen keyboard are all activated using
the Gnome Assistive Technology Preferences panel, Found in the System
Menu under Preferences.

Resources

      [WWW] Ubuntu Accessibility Page