help with modules please

Kristoffer Gustafsson kg84 at dreamwld.com
Thu Aug 23 10:09:19 UTC 2007

Hello!
Ok, that was bad, since from what I think you will need to do a new
initrd.img file.
Because with fedora 2 wich I used I could load the kernel with linld with
linld vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 for example
but this doesn't work any more, and just overwriting the default vmlinuz
doesn't work either the system just hangs and I have to reinsall the damn
thing.
Then I read somewhere that I need a new initrd.img file for some reason.
How do I do this if it is needed, or have I done anything else wrong?

I compiled the 2.6.20 kernel with speakup support built in
/Kristoffer