Ripping-And-Pausing Streams?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Aug 24 17:43:30 UTC 2007

Well, I wanted to rip a TV stream from ABC-News.  So when I rip with mplayer
-dumpstream or -dumpaudio, sometimes I use the -playlist option.  Anyway, I
guess in the ripping process, m player doesn't handle re-directs, because all I
get is some kind of .gif short file.  The stream plays fine live, but just
won't seem to rip.  Last year I tried ripping the Presidents State of the Union
address, but all I got from a particular site was a 30-second advertisement.
When playing that stream, it would switch to the feed.  Are their switches in m
player to make it handle broadcasts like these.  So right now, I am trying
arecord  but so far its not telling me where or what its saving this .wav file
under.
And I don't think tr player will handle .asx files, otherwise I would have used
grabit for this
Thanks in advance
Hart