Differences.

Geoff Shang Geoff at quitelikely.com
Wed Aug 29 11:04:21 UTC 2007

Anders Holmberg wrote:

> What is the differences between the debian etch and woody for example?
> Are there any big differences.

Debian Woody is version 3.0 and was released in 2002 if memory serves.
Debian Etch is Debian 4.0 and is two releases later (Debian 3.1 aka Sarge
was released in-between).  I can't remember exactly when Etch was released
but it was either this year or late last.

I'd recommend using Etch unless you've got an extremely good reason not to,
and then use Sarge unless you need something bleeding edge.

I'm curious as to why you're asking.

Geoff.