Oralux and Tracing the rc2.d Scripts Solved original problem.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Aug 31 18:18:37 UTC 2007

"Kevin Doucet" writes:
> Hi,
>
> Do you have a link to the working iso file?

	Here is the link to the Oralux site.
http://www.oralux.org/

You want

Oralux_0.7_alpha.iso

	It is a pretty decent rescue disk. If you install it on
a hard disk, be prepared to have some way in to your new system
because it won't talk out of the box like the CD does. You will
have to build a script to start speechd-up and to tell the /proc
file system about the software synthesizer.

	The documentation in the root directory of the Oralux
distribution admits that the section on installing to hard disk
is unfinished. Truer words were never spoken.

	You use the knoppix-installer program, but it never
liked the ext3 file system I put on the hard disk so I had to
run the command to skip the formatting steps and go to the
installation which is very risky.

	This hard drive had nothing on it so I took my chances
and that part of the story has been uneventful. It is not acting
strangely or dying on me. It is just your basic Linux platform
that talks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer