alpine

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 10 03:39:30 UTC 2007

Hello,
I finally got alpine to work with pop3.
I just used my iinet account since it didn't require ssl and I couldn't
get ssl working with my gmail account.
So I am using fetchmail to recieve the mail.
And I am just using alpine's send function since I couldn't get exim
working and it seems to do more than what I need.

Anyway its all working. So that is good.
Thank you very much to everyone that helped me out with getting it all
working.

Now I have a few alpine questions:
1. I can sort messages by date the newest at the top by starting alpine
like
this:
alpine -sort /reverse

How can I make alpine automatically reverse the order when I just type
"alpine"?
2. Is it possible to make alpine block quote the text been replied to?
I know thunderbird can do this. For example: