Accessible online games (poker)

Mario Lang mlang at teleweb.at
Sun Feb 25 15:59:46 UTC 2007

Mario Lang <mlang at teleweb.at> writes:

> I am looking for any sort of accessible poker game for
> linux, preferably playable online, but some simulation
> with AI opponents would be OK too.

FWIW, I've just written a Texas Hold'em simulator with computer
opponents in Python in about half a night and a bit of a day.
Given nice libraries one can really get stuff done with
Free Software very quickly.

Grab a preview version at http://delysid.org/pypoker.py

Usage:
On Debian, install package python-poker-engine, then run
pypoker.py (optionally with -n specifying the number of player
on the table, defaulting to 5).

You will be assigned a random seat and the first round will start.
Game events are printed as single line text messages, so
it should be nicely playable with speech feedback as well.

Comments are very welcome, especially regarding used
terminology and wording of event messages since I am actually
pretty new to poker (learned the game and played the first rounds on thursday
this week).
--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'