NetGear WG614 & text-mode browsers

C.M. Brannon cmbrannon at cox.net
Sun Feb 25 17:22:14 UTC 2007

Aldo <blinuxman at tuxfamily.org> writes:

> The problem is more general IMHO: there are not enough routers who
> accept the usage of browsers like elinks or links2 or w3m
*snip*
> A good goal should be to start a project:
> a) as you said to find how to do routers conf with scripts, but
> therefore you ened manufacturer's infos,
Not necessarily.  Another option is to communicate with the router using
a "mainstream" browser, and monitor the back-and-forth HTTP traffic.  I.E.,
reverse-engineer the config scripts.  Of course, having detailed documentation
is best.

As for Dr. Raman's batbox suggestion, I wish I had bought a Linksys.
-- Chris